Vortex Diamondback 10X50 Binoculars Review
Here is our review of the Vortex Diamondback 10x50 binoculars.
First, Let's dive into the specifications of this awesome set of binoculars.
The Vortex Diamondback 10X50 Binoculars Specifications
- Маgnіfісаtіоn: 10Х
- Оbјесtіоn Lеnѕ Dіаmеtеr: 50mm
- Еуе Rеlіеf: 17mm
- Ехіt Рuріl: 5mm
- Fіеld оf Vіеw: 315 fееt/1000 уаrdѕ Сlоѕе Fосuѕ Dіѕtаnсе: 9 fееt Іntеrрuріllаrу Dіѕtаnсе: 61-74mm Неіght/Wіdth: 6.8/5.6 Іnсhеѕ
- Prism system = Roof
- Diopter range of adjustment = -3 -3 DPT
- Field of view angle = 6 degrees
- Focus system = Center focus
- Inter-pupillary distance = 61-74 mm
- Minimum Close focus distance = 7 ft.
- Dimension = 6.7″ x 5.5″
- Adaptable Tripod = Yes
- Waterproof and Fog proof: Yes
Detailed Analysis-Vortex Diamondback 10×50 Review
Build Quality and Construction
The Vortex Diamondback has sleek looks and has an excellent build quality that is rugged and durable. To protect the binocular from accidental bumps and drops, it is fully covered with external rubber armor. The thumb indents made on the surface of the rubber skin, also help in easily maintaining a firm and non-slip grip which is very useful while on the move.
There are water-proof O-ring seals which also help prevent moisture and dust from entering inside. The insides of the binoculars have inert gas purging which prevents internal fogging during cold weather. You can use it under all weather conditions without having to worry too much.
You can easily adjust the focus of both the binocular barrels simultaneously by rotating the center focus wheel. For your convenience and ease of use, there is also a set of adjustable eyecups that can be twisted up or down.
For people having different visual acuity in both eyes, there is a diopter on the right eyepiece to help adjust the focus differences between the eyes.
If you don’t feel like holding the binocular all the time, you can set it on a tripod as there is a compatible mount for setting it up. All these thoughtful features enhance the utility and durability of the binocular.
What is Included in the New Binoculars Box
- 10×50 Diamondback Binoculars with caps on objective and ocular lenses.
- Quick Instruction Manual
- Nice Stiff Case with Case Straps
- Lens Cleaning Cloth
- Vortex Neoprene Strap for Binoculars
Image Quality/ Optical Quality
The Vortex Diamondback 10X50 renders an excellent clear, bright and sharp image in almost all weather conditions. This is because it is equipped with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
This cuts glare and reflections while allowing increased light transmission for brighter, sharper images. The lenses are made of good quality optics. The roof prisms, are made of BaK-4 glass, and also get the multi-layered dielectric coating to provide clear, color-accurate images.
However, some chromatic aberration is seen on the edge of the Field of view.
The objective lens is bigger than similar-sized ones, with a diameter of 50 mm, which means it allows more light to enter for a brighter image.
The magnification of 10X is good enough for hunting or bird-watching. All these high-grade optics are designed to provide a clear sharp image even during low-light conditions.
The closest focus distance is 9 feet, which is like using it on macro mode. The Interpupillary Distance of 60 to 75 mm is enough for every user.
Eye Relief/Field Of View
The Exit Pupil, which is the ratio of the diameter of the objective lens to the magnification, comes to 5 mm. The Eye Relief is the distance in which you can keep your eyes from the eye lens. This is a convenient 17 mm in this case which is good enough to avoid any eye strain or visual fatigue.
The Vortex Diamondback has a wide linear Field of View. You can observe an area 315 feet wide when you focus to a distance of 1000 yards. This is one of the largest in its class and helps in quickly spotting your target. The angular Field of View is 6 degrees.
Additional Great Features of the Vortex Diamondback 10×50
Besides those already mentioned, here are a few more additional features which make the Vortex Diamondback all the more useful.
- The objective lens covers are tethered so that you do not misplace it.
- A rain-guard eyepiece cover is provided.
- A comfortable neck strap is included.
- The binocular comes with a good quality custom-molded carry case.
- Great low-light performance due to large objective lens
- Waterproof O-ring seals prevent moisture and Argon gas purging prevents fogging, ensuring reliable performance
- Soft rubber armor with thumb-indents for a firm non-slip grip
- Anti-reflective lens coatings for a sharper and brighter image
- Easily adjustable diopter for ease of use for those wearing spectacles
- A lifetime warranty is offered.
- There are hardly any cons with this product. Though slight chromatic aberration on the edges has been reported when focused on distant objects.
The Vortex Diamondback 10X50 is a moisture-proof O-ring sealed and fog-proof nitrogen-filled binocular that is quite dependable and handy. This lightweight binocular has a large objective lens of 50 mm diameter to allow more light and provides up to 10x magnification.
The anti-reflective coatings on the lenses and the multi-coated roof prism result in bright sharp images.
The non-slip rubber armor makes it more durable and a perfect choice for those looking for a powerful ultra-portable binocular.
There are more binoculars like Vortex Viper HD that provide better lenses, look better, and give sharper and brighter images, but they are available at a very high price point.
I felt The 10×50 vortex diamondbacks binoculars provide a great set of value at their price.
Read our comparison of Vortex Diamondback 10×42 vs 10×50 binoculars