Best Binoculars For Bow Hunting 2023-Top Picks, Reviews & Buying Guide
Bow hunting is a popular outdoor activity that requires a set of skills, patience, and the right gear to be successful.
If you have decided to be a serious a bow hunter you must be searching some good equipments for the same.
One of the most important pieces of equipment for you as a bow hunter is a high-quality pair of binoculars.
Here are several reasons why a good binocular will make your hunting experience successful and enjoyable.
- Scout Surroundings: Binoculars allow hunters to survey the area, identify game from a distance, and make informed decisions about where to set up for a shot.
- Determining Distance: Determining the exact distance to a target is crucial for making an accurate shot with a bow. A good pair of binoculars will provide clear and stable images, allowing hunters to accurately judge the distance to their target.
- Improved Visibility: Binoculars can greatly enhance visibility in low-light conditions, such as dawn and dusk, which are prime times for hunting.
- Durability and Weather Resistance: Hunting often takes place in challenging environments, and binoculars must be able to withstand harsh conditions such as rain, snow, and dust. A durable and weather-resistant pair of binoculars will ensure that they are always ready for use.
- Comfort and Ease of Use: A comfortable and easy-to-use pair of binoculars will greatly enhance the overall hunting experience. Binoculars with an ergonomic design and simple adjustments can be quickly and easily adjusted for optimal viewing, without interrupting the hunt.
Let me quickly give you some of our best tested binoculars for bow hunting.
Here, we have listed Top 8 choices of binoculars for bow hunting. All of these are of supreme quality and ensures that the user has enjoyable bowhunting experience.
A Quick List Of The Best Binoculars For Bow Hunting
Nikon Monarch M7 8x42- Best Overall
Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD Binoculars, 10x42mm- Editor's Choice
Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 Binoculars- Premium Choice
Vortex Viper HD Binoculars
Vortex Razor HD 10x42 Binoculars
Best Binoculars For Bow Hunting-Our Top Picks & Reviews In 2023
Now, Without any delay let me share you the best binoculars for Bow Hunting.
Testing several of the binoculars side by side in the fields we found Monarch m7 8x42 to be the best overall binoculars for bow hunting.
The Monarch M7 features high-quality multilayer coatings that provide bright and clear images, even in low-light conditions.
The appropriate 8X magnification and 42mm objective lens size provide a wide field of view and precise image detail, making it easier to identify and track game.
The Monarch M7 is built with a tough, rubber-armored housing that is both shock-resistant and weather-resistant, ensuring it can withstand harsh hunting conditions.
The binoculars have an ergonomic design and are easy to adjust, making them comfortable to use for extended periods. The central focus knob and adjustable eyecups allow for quick and easy focus adjustments, even with gloves on.
The monarch M7 clearly gives you an edge in your bow hunting expeditions. Beside being at appropriate price point, they provide crisp images and high performance at dawn and dusk.
What I didn’t Liked:
- The casing can disappoint some one,
- Slightly egg-shaped exit pupils.
- Sophisticated rubber armored exterior design provides shock resistance and a firm comfortable grip
- Locking diopter control maintains your personal setting
- Oil/Water repellent coating - applied to both eyepiece and objective lens surfaces
Another excellent binoculars for bow hunting is Leupold BX-5 Santiam HD Binoculars, 10x42mm
Let’s see why they perform extremely well in bow hunting expeditions.
- Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof: These binoculars are designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions, ensuring the user can use them in any weather without worrying about damage.
- Guard-ion lens coating: The Guard-ion lens coating repels water, dirt, and fingerprints, providing a clear and crisp image even in wet or dirty conditions.
- Smooth focusing system: The focusing system is smooth, making it easy to make fine adjustments to get a sharp image of the target.
- Open-bridge, dual-hinge design: The open-bridge, dual-hinge design makes the binoculars extremely lightweight and ergonomic, allowing for easy handling and comfort during long bow hunting sessions.
Let’s see some of the Important Binoculars Configurations
- Magnification: 10x
- Weight (oz): 23.4
- Length (in): 5.9
- Eye Relief (mm): 16.6
- Linear FOV (ft/1000 yd): 341
What I didn’t Liked:
I noticed, the accompanying snap fittings on the neck strap on both modelsmay be prone to fail, so one should be sure to purchase the more robust and comfortable shoulder harness accessory.
- Model #174483 - BX-5 Santiam HD 10x42mm in Shadow Gray
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof
- Guard-ion lens coating sheds water, dirt, and fingerprints for a clear, crisp image
Another premium option for the best binoculars for bow hunting is the Vortex Viper series of binoculars.
Let me discuss why;
They have a great optical and overall build quality with amazing VIP guarantee which is a must in tough conditions of bow hunting
The Viper HD Models provide crystal clear vision and sharpness that you would expect from the very expensive brands.
Also, The binoculars really feel durable enough that a case doesn't feel needed. I have kept mine in the truck through blazing hot summer days and freezing cold nights with no apparent distress.
I have found that the rain caps and lens covers both work well, are durable and easy to use.
Let me elaborate some best featured of vortex viper HD binoculars
- Lightweight: The Vortex Viper HD 10x42 binoculars are lightweight, making them easy to carry while hunting.
- High-definition optics: The HD lenses provide clear and bright images, making it easier to spot and track game.
- Durable design: The binoculars are built with a durable, shockproof construction to withstand harsh hunting environments.
- 10x magnification: The 10x magnification provides a clear and detailed view of game, allowing hunters to make accurate shots.
- Large objective lens: The 42mm objective lens allows for a wide field of view, making it easier to find and track game.
- Adjustable eyecups: The adjustable eyecups provide a comfortable and customizable fit, making them suitable for hunters with or without glasses.
However, I noted some cons of the binocular.
I had sometimes a hard time adjusting the diopter, I was afraid it would break. However, once it was adjusted all was well.
- 10x magnification and 42mm objective lenses, the 2018 Viper HD is a high-end, full-size yet compact binocular that is...
- A high density optical system delivers exceptional resolution and edge to edge clarity. XR anti-reflective lens coatings...
- A locking, right-eye diopter tailors each barrels' focus to your eyes. The smooth, center focus wheel provides fine...
When I included the Zeiss Conquest Hd 10x42 binoculars in our tests, I was piting it against the The Vortex Razor HD 10x42 binoculars.
I went for the Zeiss over the others for two reasons.
First, the optical quality. In my opinion the Zeiss was clearly superior to the Vortex Razor. I only had to have them up to my eyes for a few seconds to know that I liked the Zeiss glass better.
Secondly I really liked the focus knob which is sensitive in case of Zeiss. For others it might take some time getting used to.
Let me elaborate some of the best featured of Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 binoculars that makes them an apt choice for bow hunting binoculars
- High-quality optics: Featuring high-definition glass and natural design, these compact and sturdy binoculars offer 90% light transmission. The LotuTec coating on the lenses prevents water from affecting your view in unfavorable weather conditions, while the "T*" coating by Zeiss enhances image contrast.
- Lightweight and compact: The binoculars are lightweight and compact, making them easy to carry while hunting.
- Durable design: The binoculars are built to last, with a rugged and waterproof construction that can withstand harsh hunting environments.
- Large objective lens: The large objective lens provides a wide field of view, making it easier to find and track game.
- High magnification: The high magnification (up to 15x) allows hunters to get a closer look at game, making it easier to identify and track them.
- Adjustable eyepieces: The adjustable eyepieces provide a comfortable fit, making it easier for hunters to use the binoculars for extended periods of time. The slightly slanted and precisely aligned eyecups ensure comfort during use.
All these features come in a rugged and ergonomic design that promises long-lasting reliability for deer hunting or bow hunting.
Price is on a higher side
- Compact lightweight ergonomic design for ultimate comfort in the field
- LotuTec water shedding outer coatings for all weather use
- Designed and manufactured with traditional German quality
Another great choice for a bow hunting binocular are the Vortex Razor HD 10x42 binoculars.
Let me tell you why we had to include them in our list;
Coming to the Build quality;
The open hinge magnesium chasis forms a strong, lightweight, and ergonomic design resulting in more durability in the field. Strategically placed indents in the rugged armor ensure a comfortable grip in any conditions.
The binoculars are very well built for tough conditions of bow hunting.
Waterproof and Fogproof
Argon purging and o-ring seals ensure waterproof and fog-proof performance for a lifetime. The exterior lenses are protected from scratches, oil, and dirt by the ultra-hard, scratch-resistant Armortek coating.
Image and Focus System
The image seen through this binocular is simply amazing. It is extremely bright and clear. Objects viewed against a very light background are also able to register colours clearly through these binoculars.
Also, I found the focusing is very smooth and the long eye relief make it easily used even when wearing spectacles.
This and the wide field of view give the sense of actually being present in the view.
The dioptre adjustment seemed to work in the opposite direction to normal - normally I am -0.75 dioptre but on this binocular I was +0.75. No matter, once set, everything was OK.
Good Low Light Performance
They performed good in low light. i.e. being able to see objects at 400 yards right before and after sunset. This makes them a great binoculars for bow hunting.
I Loved this bino! It’s less than half the price of “alpha” glass and weighs a few ounces less without significant drop in performance than alpha glasses.
What I didn’t Liked:
I found a bit of CA to the edge of fov which can be a fault in the particular model we tested.
- 10x magnification and 42mm objectives lenses, the Razor HD features hand selected prisms and premium high density glass,...
- State of the art anti-reflective coatings with cutting edge plasma tech application guarantee the highest level of...
- The true open hinge magnesium chasis forms a strong, lightweight, and ergonomic design resulting in more durability in...
Athlon holds the 6th position for our choice for best binoculars for bow hunting.
Athlon, a US-based sports optics company, offers superior quality optics and outdoor gear at an affordable price.
The closest competitor comes vortex diamondback hd 10x42 binoculars.
When comparing these to Vortex Diamondback’s which are price somewhat comparable, these have noticeably better lens quality and are by far the better option.
Moreover, these have a warranty that is almost identical to Vortex. Athlon also looks somewhat trendier than the other binoculars in under $250 price range.
When we tested the Athlon in The fields;
I would give them a thumbs up for Archery hunting, as I could see the arrows perfectly for 40 and 50 yards during day light.
I can see them at 100 yards too, but it's simply hard to see tiny arrows at that distance.
Go for it if you are a First time buyer and you would be impressed, with the clarity of these excellent spotter binocular.
Other Best Features Are:-
Lightweight & Durable: Tough Magnesium chassis but more lightweight. A tough XPL lens coating prevents scratches and dirt buildup, The binoculars are ergonomic and can be held in one-hand
Built for the Outdoors: High grade Argon gas purging resulting in better fog proof capabilities. They are waterproof too.
The binoculars comes with a case and a shoulder strap
- Ultra High Definition View: These ultra high definition binoculars have advanced fully multi-coated lenses, ultra-clear...
- Top-Tier Viewing Experience: Athlon Optics Argos provides ED glass and high-quality BaK-4 prisms for a sharper image and...
- Lightweight & Durable: Magnesium chassis is as tough as a metal chassis but more lightweight; tough XPL lens coating...
If you have used Bushnell’s earlier, you might be a fan and looking for a Bushnell binoculars for your bow hunting expeditions.
We tested and found that these binoculars come upto our expectations owing to these qualities
- 10x magnification provides clear and bright image of distant objects.The ED Prime Glass which is the Bushnell's highest quality glass delivers amazing color, resolution and contrast, even in low-light conditions.
- 426ft @1000yards wide field of view for immediately scanning a large area.
- 42mm objective lens provides wide field of view, which is ideal for tracking moving targets
- IPX7 Waterproof construction and fog-proof design for use in harsh weather conditions.
- Exclusive EXO Barrier Protection – Bushnell's newest and best protective lens coating molecularly bonds to the glass, repelling water, oil, dust, debris and preventing scratches.
- ED Prime Glass – Bushnell's highest quality glass delivers amazing color, resolution and contrast, even in low-light conditions.
- Prisms are dielectric coated with PC-3 Phase Coating. it enhances resolution and contrast.
- Lightweight with 30.8 oz weight and compact design makes them easy to carry.
- Durable construction and comfortable grip.\
What I didn’t Liked about the Binoculars:
I didn’t liked the low light performance of the Bushnell forge 8x42 binoculars. If you aren't using this pair of binoculars at dusk or super cloudy days, these are excellent for a reasonable price.
- Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof performance
- All-metal chassis in lightweight polycarbonate shell
- Rubber-coated body for firm, non-slip grip
The extreme affordability about these binoculars brings them to our list of best compact & most affordable binoculars for bow hunting.
Let me elaborate some of the features:
This binoculars is made of rubber armor, giving you a comfortable touch and ensuring durable.It also comes with a neck strap that is definitely convenient for adults and kids to carry everywhere.
The binoculars has a12x magnification with a 25mm objective lens, a large eyepiece, and it is covered with BAK-4 prism texture.
Moreover, This binocular with a pocket size is very compact and suitable carry everywhere.
I tested these binoculars with another brand in the same price range. I found the Occer binoculars has much smooth focusing mechanism and in no time you can start enjoying them in the bow hunting fields.
Also, The binoculars comes with a nice case & neck strap.
What I didn’t Liked:
The binoculars are not that waterproof, you have to keep them safe in damp conditions.
For your first pair, these binoculars can provide a good hands on training before moving on to binoculars in the higher range.
For the price, these are a very nice pair of compact binoculars.
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field...
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the...
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight cruise binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism texture. The objective...
How to Choose the Best Binoculars for Bow Hunting
I have already discussed why you would need a suitable binocular for an enjoyable bow hunting experience.
Follow the below factors to choose your ideal binocular for the best experience:
Buy a Waterproof and Fog Proof Model
While buying a binocular for bow hunting in the fields make sure to choose a model that is waterproof and fog proof for extreme weather conditions.
Choose a binocular that is O-rings sealed or nitrogen purged.
This ensures that the moisture and humidity in the environment does not obstruct the clarity of vision and visual quality.
The prime most factor determining the selection process is body type. The body of binocular may vary from compact to waterproof to durability.
A binocular which is sleek and can be conveniently and comfortably handled should be preferred.
Look for binoculars that are built to last and can withstand the rigors of hunting. Look for waterproof and shockproof features.
A binocular with too high magnification will make it impossible to focus while low makes impossible to see. The magnification varying between 8 to 10 should be preferred.
Lens and Prism Coating
Lens coating plays an integral part as it helps in protecting the lens. Always prefer lens and prism coating that has little to no aberration else colors will be washed or distorted.
Size and Weight/Ergonomics
This too plays a critical role in the selection process as an improper size or heavy binocular may result in the wrist and arm fatigue. A proper size will ensure adjustability to eye width i.e., wide eyes set will want larger pair.
Ensure the binoculars pair comes with a harness or a neck strap, so that it would be easier to carry the binoculars around without too much strain. This also prevents from unfortunate accidents.
Select the Optical Configuration of Binocular According to Your Needs
When you are planning to go for bow hunting, you should consider the optical parameters of binoculars
For a convenient viewing experience, choose a binocular with 8X or 10X magnifcation.
Also, A larger objective lens provides a wider field of view and better light transmission, but also makes the binoculars heavier. A lens size of 30-42mm is suitable for bow hunting.
Look for a Binocular With Solid Body, Good Grip and Easy to Hang On
While choosing a binocular for bow hunting, make sure to choose a set with good rubber armor protective.
A good rubber casing keeps the binoculars firm in your hand, even in damp environments. It must have a shock-resistant exterior in case of an accidental drop.
It would be an added advantage if the model comes with a carrying case for extra protection and ease in carrying the set around.
Field of view
Another common and important feature is field view. The wider the field view, the more you would will be able to scan a large area quickly. Go for a binoculars with larger field of view than the highest magnification.
Other Factors To Consider While Choosing Best Binoculars For Bow Hunting
- Check Whether the lenses and prisms are fully multicoated or simply multicoated. A fully multicoated lens produces crisp vision of the target
- Keep in consideration the cost of the binoculars. A cheaper one may not provide you the same level of satisfaction that a premium one. Mostly premium binoculars are more capable and give you a enjoyable experience.
- Binoculars can range in price from $50 to several thousand dollars. Determine your budget and look for models that offer good value for the price.
So, choosing the best binoculars for bow hunting requires careful consideration of various factors such as magnification, objective lens size, lens quality, durability, and portability.
Binoculars with magnification in the range of 8x to 10x and objective lens size in the range of 30-42mm are considered ideal for bow hunting.
Binoculars with multi-coated lenses and waterproof and fog-proof design are preferred for hunting in harsh weather conditions. Durable construction and comfortable grip are important for prolonged use.
The Nikon Monarch M7 8x42 binoculars is our pick of the best binoculars for bow hunting due to their appropriate magnification, good light gathering capability, multi-coated lenses, waterproof and fog-proof design, lightweight and compact size, and durable construction.
However, the best binoculars for you may vary depending on your personal preferences and specific needs.
Before making a purchase, it is recommended to try out different binoculars and choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.
Remember that binoculars are an important piece of equipment for bow hunting, as they provide a clear and bright image of the target and help in tracking it.
Investing in high-quality binoculars can greatly enhance your hunting experience and improve your chances of success.
More Reviews: Best Binoculars for Hunting, Best Safari Binoculars
Last update on 2023-03-07