Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 Review
Being an outdoor enthusiast it’s interesting to watch and enjoy wildlife and birds with a pair of binoculars. Today, we are going to review one of the most amazing compact binocular available in the market and that is Nikon Monarch 7 10×30.
Nikon Corporation commonly called Nikon is a multinational company based in Japan. The company was founded in the year 1917 and is a manufacturer of a wide number of devices such as cameras, lenses for different cameras, rifle scopes, microscopes, binoculars, underwater film cameras, etc.
In this interesting review of the Nikon Monarch 7 10×30, we will find out why they are favorite among its admirers with some concerns and limitations.
Some of the specifications of Nikon Monarch 7 10×30:
Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 Review-Detailed Analysis
- With an apparent angular field of view of more than 60 degrees, the MONARCH 7 30mm binocular makes is easy to find your...
- Compact and easy to carry, the dimensions of the MONARCH 7 30mm binocular are 4.7 inches long by 4.8 inches wide, making...
- Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coatings are applied to all lenses and prism coatings to provide...
Build quality/ Construction Quality
I was amazed that the Monarch 7 8×30 is so light and easy to carry which was a must for me since I also use to carry a lot of camera gear in the fields.
This compact, the high performer is rugged and reliable too. The body is covered with protective rubber armoring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip.
Nikon Monarch 7 is a Dach prism central focusing type binocular which has been added in Nikon`s collection of binoculars amongst the various models such as ACULON, PROSTAFF, etc. Nikon Monarch 7 has four variations 8×30, 10×30, 8×42, and 10×42.
The focus speed makes me pleased and the focus wheels feel nice to fiddle with. The focus speed is neither too fast nor to slow.
The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-setting click stops allow for different vision abilities to adjust the knob and meet their eyesight needs.
Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 particularly has a length of 119/4.7(mm/in), a width of 123/4.8(mm/in) and weighs around 440/15.5 (g/oz).
The best part about these binocular is that they are waterproof and will be in the same working condition if it falls in the water and is submerged for a depth of 1 meter for a time interval of 10 minutes.
Since these binoculars are to be used for outdoor purposes, you never know the weather conditions and situations you will be facing. Hence, your sight companion should be durable and should be able to withstand the worst weather conditions.
This Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 model can be used in places with high humidity, dust and rain without you worrying about the slightest damage to it.
Also, this device has a Nitrogen-filled design which makes it perfect to resistant to condensation and mold as well. Also, binoculars need to be light weighted and these are definitely those since they are made of polycarbonate.
Considering the fact that binoculars are meant to bring clarity to you when you are outdoors, experiencing a wildlife safari or a peaceful bird watching session.
They must have an excellent optical performance to be actually worth the money the buyer pays. The Nikon Monarch 10×30 has a magnification of 10x which makes it suitable for watching the smallest of birds and animals clearly and with detail.
Fully Multilayer coatings on lenses and prisms provide higher light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum. They produce a great crystal clear image with detail.
Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 is fitted with ED(extra-low) dispersion glass. Chromatic Aberration is minimal at the edge of the FOV.
The blur even at the edge of the field is what I would call very minimal which is really impressive and it can be safely called an engineering success. The center of the Field of view is bright and sharp.
The low light performance is also optimal and Monarch 7 is equally good for dawn and dusk wildlife watching.
With an objective lens of 30 mm it makes it suitable for those people who want a compact view and would not like to be disturbed by other creatures around.
Since these are waterproof these can also be used while traveling on a boat and crossing a lake without the owner being afraid of the binoculars getting damaged.
These models have 30 mm of objective lens diameter which means that they can gather more light and hence provide a better and brighter image than binoculars having lesser objective lens diameter.
Most of the time people who wear glasses have difficulty in choosing binoculars may be because of a lack of information about a specification called eye relief. Nikon Monarch 7 has an eye relief of 15.8 mm which makes it very comfortable for people with glasses. Usually, eyeglass wearers are advised to go for binoculars with eye relief more than 11 mm.
Best features with Benefits:
- These models fall into the compact category and thus it becomes very easy for one to carry it in their backpack and use it while on a boat or a better steady position.
- The lenses used in these are free from chromatic aberrations which makes its performance even better.
- The binoculars are fitted with rubber coating which enables a firmer and a better grip over the instrument.
- Fog-free lenses which make it easier for the person to use it at any time without worrying about the weather conditions.
- ED(extra-low) dispersion glasses
- Eco glass which is lead and arsenic-free
- Compact design
- High magnification and field of view
- Provides a clearer and brighter image
- Best pricing
- It becomes easier to find a subject.
- The neck strap that comes with the model might be a little uncomfortable for some users.
- Quality control might be a little tedious to deal with.
- The user can find some internal reflection while using it.
- Though it is waterproof it can only be submerged till 1 m if you don’t wish to cause any damage to the device.
- The eyepiece cap falls off sometimes, which can be a bit annoying.
The Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 is priced perfectly according to the specifications it has. You pay just the apt amount for a newly launched binoculars by a company trusted over years which weighs rightly and fits in your backpack and pocket as well.
Nikon provides a lifetime no-fault warranty for all Binoculars or Scopes without electronic components.
What’s In The Case
You get the binoculars with
- A nice storage case
- Ocular covers
- Slip-on rubber covers for each objective lens
- A quality Nikon neck strap and
- Nikon Instruction Manual.
For people who are outdoor activity fanatics and love spending intimate time with nature and its spellbinding creations, Nikon Monarch 7 10×30 is just the right pick.
With so much competition in the compact binoculars range, They seem to be apt for birding, wildlife watching, hiking, and casual outdoor activities.
They produce a huge, bright and sharp view while being small & light. Rightly priced, outstanding performance, clarity in imaging are the features that make it a perfect package.
Last update on 2019-12-07