Starscope Monocular Scope Review: Is It So Special? Or Just A Marketing Gimmick!
Traditional telescopes are gradually becoming a thing of the past, due to their bulky size, and time-consuming setup to get the desired zoom.
Therefore, there is a need for a functional device that is handy and quick to set up.
StarScope Monocular Scope is being touted as the answer, both as the hand-held scope and an incredible zoom lens for smartphones with some rather unbelievable performance claims.
As per claims, Starscope Monocular Scope is a lightweight, pocket-friendly monocular handheld gadget
The device can be used not just for spotting, but by connecting it to smartphones users can enhance their phone camera resolution, transforming it into a make-shift DSLR camera.
On paper, this gives photography lovers something to cheer about, as they can get their hands on something so cheap.
It is made for outdoorsy people who love birdwatching, stargazing, plane spotting, and more.
The design of scope claims to include an advanced lens and prism technology usually found in telescopes; that are comparatively more expensive than a smartphone let alone a digital camera.
The makers also claim that users get to enjoy the benefit of a waterproof and fog proof BAK4 prism with a completely multi-covered lens and 10 x 50mm zoom lens.
The makers also say that this type of characteristic allows anyone to click wonderful crystal clear still images over long distances. Also, a defensive covering protects the scope from the sun’s harmful rays.
Considering the above, a novice can say the Starscope Monocular Scope, is a special device that gives new meaning to smartphone photography.
Let us dig more into the scope and its features:-
Starscope Monocular Review-What are Its Features
Starscope Monocular Scope stands out for its exceptional features like: –
• Flexible: – it provides immense flexibility, either use it for instant purpose or join it with a smartphone camera to click crystal clear pictures even while on the go. It can be fixed to any smartphone placed on a tripod or can be fixed individually to a tripod.
• Convenient: – it is small and lightweight and finds its way into any pocket, bag or tote. Weighing just 320 grams, it also comes with its own pocket case and straps for easy carry.
• Scratch-resistant: – design of the scope is sturdy enough and made using scratch-resistant material. It means, even if it hits a hard surface, the scope will suffer no scratch and perform just fine.
• Water and Fog-proof: – construction of scope ensures its water and fog proof. It means you can use it even if it is raining or if there is a lot of fog. It includes an inbuilt computerized numerical control system that enables it to perform any advanced functions with great ease.
• Highly durable: – it is made using multi-coated HD optic glass, FMC (Full Multi-Covered) BAK4 Crystal prism lens, and ABS plastic. Whether going for short or long walks or trekking on difficult terrain, this monocular scope holds good anywhere. Additionally, includes a compass for directions.
• Affordability: – it is an affordable device that costs less than a high-end camera lens. If you want to save cash, yet take brilliant photographs then this scope is for you.
• Magnification: – it comes with a 10X magnification capacity with a multi-covered Lens and HD glass. The 50 mm wide lens, allows users to click HD quality pictures with 12 times enhanced zoom capability without any distortion.
How Good It Is and Does It Satisfy Its Claim?
Starscope Monocular Scope suited for any Android smartphone and iPhones is revolutionizing viewing technology.
It claims to give a performance at par with top-of-the-line DSLR cameras and telescopes.
The pocket-sized, waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof scope helps you click crystal clear pictures. The scope can help improve numerous points of view and improve the way you see things.
Makers claim Starscope Monocular Scope is a “military-grade” scope at par with modern cameras for a fraction of the price.
The product is available for US$47.99 only but allows the user whether adults or kids, to click crystal clear HD quality pics thanks to BAK4 Prism, which is “normally found in high-end binoculars costing around US$ 1,000.” It claims to zoom into subjects’ miles away, makers claim that using this scope, you can photograph Saturn with your smartphone which is against the laws of physics.
Well, for a start, you can try applying some common sense and simple logic. If you apply senses, the claims seems to be outrageous Also, try Googling the product to see what other people have to say. Real people, not paid ads.
Is It ‘Value for Money’?
Starscope Monocular Scope is available for US$ 47.99 only. They are giving BAK4 Prism, which allows users to click pics comparable to good binoculars.
However, in optics, you simply get what you paid for. So you In that sense it’s a ‘value for money device.
The scope uses glass that is 100% multi-layered green lenses, with an eye relief of 20mm and a field of view of 293/1000m.
These characteristics are rarely seen in the monocular scope of this type, making it a real ‘value for money device to own.
Magnification, this scope provides turns a smartphone when paired with its onboard camera into your own personal and miniaturized telescope in your pocket.
The scope is available in packs of one, two, three, or four units. As prices of each unit are fixed, the pack of 4 costs US$ 260 only. As a bigger package delivers a bigger discount, a pack of 4 scopes is a real ‘value for money pack. These scopes can also be bought in packs of one, two, and three units.
If you want to get your hands on really good quality monoculars, obviously you need to improve your budget, here are some of the time tested ones:-
Pros and Cons
Like any other device meant for use, StarScope Monocular Scope too has its own set of pros and cons.
- Water and fog resistant, meaning it can be used even while it is raining or if fog surrounds the environment.
- Scratch-resistant, even if it is rubbed on even a rough surface.
- x10 magnification allows users to click HD quality pictures with crystal clear views even under extreme conditions.
- It has an inbuilt compass.
- Compatible with any brand of smartphone be it iPhone or Android.
- Affordable prices & direct-to-consumer sales approach.
- Buying pack of 4, offer a maximum discount with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Small size, hence can be easily grasped in hand.
- Works like a mini-telescope for your smartphone.
- 50 mm lens allows you to get a wide-angle view of scenery you wish to capture.
- Works with any small tripod, allowing hands-free use.
- Can be used for standalone viewing without a smartphone.
- Lightweight and compact with high-quality construction material used.
- Razor-sharp accuracy ideal for stargazing and birdwatching.
- Can be used by adults and kids alike.
- A single eyepiece limits a broader view.
- Better for personal use, by people who use the phone cameras to click pictures, not suitable for professional camera users.
- Lack of relaxed vision causes rapid eye fatigue and irritating sidelight effects in users.
- Maximum viewing time with the scope is around 30 seconds only.
- Suitable for brief views of distant still objects, not distant moving objects.
- Takes a bit of practice and time to get used to set up the scope with the smartphone camera lens.
- Sometimes panoramic shots difficult to pull off.
Starscope Monocular Review- Conclusion
So, it can be said that Starscope Monocular Scope is a special hand-held telescopic device ideally suited for use by people, who can’t afford a professional camera and make do with smartphones to click HD quality pictures.
Honestly, anyone that wants to do a bit of stargazing or is really into astronomy and photography will love everything getting a hands on starscope monocular.
The monocular is also good for gifting purposes. You can also gift them to the kids for getting an initial impression of the monocular world.